Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mariah Carey Apologised For Michael Jackson Memorial Service "I’ll Be There” Performance (Video)

Mariah Carey performs at the Michael Jackson memorial service held in the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles, CA

Mariah Carey performed Jackson Five's hit I’ll Be There at the Michael Jackson public memorial service held at Staples Center on July 7 in Los Angeles, California. She was joined in the middle by singer Trey Lorenz for the duet.

Shortly after, the singer Twitted to apologize for breaking down during her tribute to the late king of pop. She said the sight of the pop icon’s coffin was too much to bear.

"Trying to sing today was basically impossible for me. I could barely keep myself from crying. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to pull it together and really do it right, but I was literally choked up when I saw him there in front of me…One thing I know is, we will never really have to say goodbye to MJ. His legacy lives on through his music and the millions of people he inspired with his timeless music. He will be forever in our hearts.'

No comments:

Post a Comment