Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Orlando Bloom Receives Honorary Degree From the University of Kent

Orlando Bloom, 33, the Pirates of the Caribbean star, received an honorary degree from the University of Kent on Tuesday.

Orlando Bloom speaks onstage before the screening of 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl' during AFI & Walt Disney Pictures' 'A Cinematic Celebration of Jerry Bruckheimer' held at the El Capitan Theatre on May 17, 2010 in Los Angeles, California.
Orlando Bloom was awarded among over 340 graduates at Canterbury Cathedral in his home town. His model girlfriend Miranda Kerr, parents and sister all joined him for the ceremony.

It's a really big deal. It's an exciting day for me. I'm really honored to be back in my home town. I have so many amazing memories of the cathedral and Canterbury. I have lived near the university so it's like my playground. It's a huge, huge honor and I feel chuffed, as does my mother - nobody more than my mother,” Orlando said proudly.

This was the first graduation ceremony for Orlando. The actor missed out his graduation at London's Guildhall School of Music and Drama because of filming Lord of the Rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment